photo d900fb07-317e-42e9-832b-29398e204ca5_zpsdvplcw5q.jpg  photo 01aa66a5-1acf-4f70-aa27-3aa543dac36e_zpsotrnlduu.jpg  photo 96e4c309-ff5c-4b96-bec3-ffa1ac13a8c7_zpsmgo0wdaq.jpg  photo b88a3a19-02fc-4884-9780-0edf95140a5d_zpsi7wejj2d.jpg  photo 89e575d1-19c7-40da-a4d4-348a4888c39e_zpshzupz5yj.jpg

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sunburned

 
Yesterday was busy but super fun. I went to Windsor to see the castle for the first half of the day, before going back to London to walk around for a bit. I begun at Windsor and stuck around outside the castle to watch the changing of the guards, after this I went into the castle itself and saw an amazing art collection, the grounds and a letter from Abraham Lincoln to Queen Victoria after the death of Prince Albert. The grounds and the castle are amazing and beautiful, though semi expensive to get in. I took hundreds of pictures of the grounds and the castle, even some inside (secretly). After seeing the castle I went back to the train station which sat inside a shopping mall. Once getting back to London I hoped on the tube and took it to Westminster and then did some of Rick Steve's West End Walk. I modified the walk, stopped by the Kate Spade store in London and bought a necklace, and then walked back down to Trafalgar Square to see the cast of Les Mis sing, it was really great! After walking around Windsor and London for hours, I decided that it was time to go home an prepare for the next day of travels. It is really sad to think this is my last full weekend in the UK before heading off to Italy, so I am trying to cram in as much as I can before leaving.
 
























 
As you can see I walked around a lot in both cities, and saw many sites again and for the first time. It is amazing to always walk down to Trafalgar Square and see what is going on, and this is one of many times I have gone down to see what was happening.
I had another exciting day in and around London, and was really glad that I as able to see a hand written letter by Abraham Lincoln among the art collection that the Queen has (Rubens!).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?...